#CuriousMoments with Advita
It’s been four years since I officially launched CommsRebel, and jeez, what a journey it’s been.
I had absolutely no idea if things would work out or not, but one thing I was 100% certain of was that I was going to give it my best shot. When the pandemic stopped the world in March 2020, I almost wobbled, and my certainty on whether I could make this work was on the fence.
Thankfully, a good set of friends, an incredibly supportive family and my streak of stubbornness got me through some tricky patches. I also learnt a lot in those few months that I still carry with me today 👇🏽
1) A no isn’t always a no – it could mean maybe one day
2) If you don’t advocate for yourself, don’t expect others to either
3) People you think will support you sometimes won’t – don’t spend too much time worrying about it. Focus on those who are supporting you!
4) You can’t always depend on motivation. You must have discipline, that’ll bring the motivation which will lead to consistency
5) Take calculated risks and never fear trying something new
6) Accept that things will go wrong
7) Get a coach to keep you accountable
8) Some people won’t like you – that’s okay. You can’t be everyone’s cup of tea; otherwise, you’ll be a mug
9) Be kind but be mindful of energy suckers
10) Be unapologetically you. Take up the space. Shine bright, and don’t let anyone dull your sparkle
In the last four years, I’ve worked and continue to work with household brands, FTSE 100 companies, and some incredible organisations doing brilliant things. I’ve spoken internationally, written a book, launched podcasts and been involved in some fantastic things.
But I won’t say because I’ve done it; anyone can. That isn’t always true. My circumstances and privileges are different from yours. I have a team around me, and I don’t have any young dependents. Remember, comparison is the thief of joy.
Find your path at a pace that works for your circumstances. As long as you’re moving forward, it doesn’t matter how long it takes or what road you choose. This is your story, you decide – you’ve got this 🙌🏽
Thank you for following my journey and for your continuous support over the years. I wouldn’t be where I am if it weren’t for the recommendations and your incredible championing.
Originally posted on LinkedIn, Follow me for more curious moments.
CommsRebel can help you revolutionise workplace cultures from inside out. If you would like to cultivate a thriving inclusive culture so colleagues unleash their full potential, we can help! Please get in touch and let’s have a chat.